Bamboo kitchen accessories range from bamboo chopping boards to cups and storage. We take a look at 5 eco-friendly and unique accessories for kitchens made of bamboo and are 100% organic.
You’ll find the kitchen accessories helpful if you want something that is plastic-free, durable and earth-friendly.
Bamboo kitchen accessories
You can see products 1 – 3 on Jungle Culture’s website. Jungle Culture is a dedicated supplier of bamboo products and other sustainable organic products like coconut bowls and many more.
Products 4 and 5 are from Philip Morris and Sons, a well-known UK retailer. Click here (cutlery storage and bread bin made of bamboo) for more information.
- 1. Bamboo Drinking Cup: Stunning hand-made cup, every set is unique. The beautiful 500mL cups are made of bamboo. These cups can be used for drinking water and cold drinks, smoothies, or cocktails. Do not pour boiling water into the bamboo cup because it is like to damage it. (Jungle Culture)
- 2. Picnic Bamboo Cutlery Set: The reusable bamboo cutlery set comes complete with a serrated bamboo knife, sturdy bamboo fork, bamboo tablespoon, a bamboo straw and coconut fibre straw cleaning brush. It is a perfect gift for kids. (Jungle Culture)
- 3. Bamboo Drinking Straws: Environment friendly and sustainable compared to plastic straws. (Jungle Culture)
- 4. Bread Bin with Bamboo Lid/Chopping Board: The Bread Bin with Cutting Board Lid has a bamboo wood cutting lid that can be turned over to the grooved side and used as a bread cutting board. This stylish and sleek bread bin is a great storage solution and will fit into any kitchen, the lid and body are easy to wipe clean. (Philip Morris & Son)
- 5. Bamboo Cutlery Organiser/Storage: The Bamboo Cutlery Organiser is great for organising your draw and generating space, it has room for knives, forks and spoons. This beautiful bamboo organiser comprises cutlery icon-marked compartments which overlap one another to free up space. (Philip Morris & Son)
Is bamboo really sustainable?
Bamboo is a fast-growing plant. This is true according to the Guinness World Records Book. In its natural conditions, bamboo plants can grow at an average rate of 91cm per day.
At gardenbambooplants.com, we measured a typical Yellow Bamboo (Phyllostachys Areosulcata Aureculatis) to investigate how fast this bamboo grows in the UK in one growth year. We found out that it grew 1.43cm per day. This is fast compared to other garden and pot plants.
It can take 3 – 5 years for bamboo to reach maturity. This is why these plants are sustainable – they grow and regenerate fast. The cycle of bamboo life is highly sustainable.
Why are bamboo accessories eco-friendly?
Bamboos can break down into soil very quickly. Some reports have indicated that it takes just 3 years for bamboo to decompose. Therefore, they are eco-friendly.
Some accessories are 100% plant-based, including bamboo home accessories. For example, bamboo toothbrushes and soft bristles are eco-friendly products.
But, some toothbrushes and electric toothbrush heads still have nylon bristles. Other products that have a combination of bamboo and other recycled materials include the stainless steel used on shavers and plastic and silicon suctions used in kids’ plates.
The development, manufacture and use the bamboo products is a promising start. Users have to be content because, at the least, these products are 90% eco-friendly. They are safe for the environment.
Why use bamboo home accessories?
The bamboo accessories are durable and long-lasting. One of the best things about bamboo accessories is that you’ll see their true beauty as they mature. The deep brown colour becomes prominent and gives it a peculiar, but stunning bamboo appearance.
The downside is that bamboo home accessories are susceptible to wear and tear. In fact, like many other home accessories, they will wear in time.
Perhaps it is important to note that bamboo accessories are biodegradable. And will turn to soil very quickly, whereas the other plastic kitchen accessories will *not* decompose.
Check out the kids’ bamboo baby plates with suctions
Conclusion – Bamboo kitchen accessories
This article shows that you can get kitchen accessories that are 100% organic, reusable and sustainable. The 5 kitchen accessories we featured are the best way to start your kitchen’s organic collections. They will add a touch of style and natural comfort. And, holistically keep the environment free of plastics.
Affiliate Disclaimer: We do not sell physical products. We only promote bamboo products that we believe are sustainable and eco-friendly. We may earn a small commission if you buy the product using our link which comes at no additional cost to you.