Bamboo home products are often hard to find in the UK. Not many specialised retailers sell eco-friendly products like bamboo bathroom accessories. But the trend is growing as many people are learning about bamboo products.
We take a look at 5 eco-friendly accessories for bathrooms made of bamboo and are 100% organic.
You’ll find the bathroom accessories helpful if you want something that is plastic-free.
To find out more about the cost and items’ specifications, please follow the blue link below. Let’s start with the bamboo bathroom accessories.
Bathroom accessories made from bamboo
These products are highly sustainable and eco-friendly.
You can see all the products on Jungle Culture’s website. Jungle Culture is a dedicated supplier of bamboo products and other sustainable organic products like coconut bowls and many more. Click on the blue link (above) to go straight to the Shop page.
- 1. Bamboo unisex safety razor: The bamboo safety razor is for both males and females. Its bamboo handle is durable, long and narrow and slim-fit. It also has a protective stainless-steel guard to prevent cuts and irritation and leaves tender soft skin after every shave.
- 2. Bamboo toothbrushes: The bamboo toothbrush, as the name suggests, is made of 100% bamboo. This long handle is biodegradable, it can break down into soil very quickly because it’s a natural plant-based product. This toothbrush has soft bristles that do the same job as plastic bristles. (Also see bamboo electric toothbrushes and bamboo heads on this website).
- 3. Soap bag: 100% organic soap bag made of grass. This bag is ideal for storing soap, makeup and small perfumes. It also gives the bathroom a nice and clean appearance. Reusable.
- 4. Soap dish made of bamboo: This eco-friendly product is a standout in the bathroom. The soap dish has holes at the bottom for water to drain off so that the soap remains solid. It is highly durable.
- 5. Plant-based loofah body scrubbers: The organic loofahs are nice and soft on the body, 100% organic.
Why use bamboo home accessories?
The bamboo accessories are durable and long-lasting. One of the best things about bamboo accessories is that you’ll see their true beauty as they mature. The deep brown colour becomes prominent and gives it a peculiar, but stunning bamboo appearance.
The downside is that bamboo home accessories are susceptible to wear and tear. In fact, like many other home accessories, they will wear in time.
Perhaps it is important to note that bamboo accessories are biodegradable. And will turn to soil very quickly, whereas the other plastic bathroom accessories will *not* decompose.
Is bamboo really sustainable?
Bamboo is known to be the fastest-growing plant species. This is true according to the Guinness World Records Book. In its natural conditions, bamboo plants can grow at an average rate of 91cm per day.
At gardenbambooplants.com, we measured a typical Yellow Bamboo (Phyllostachys Areosulcata Aureculatis) to investigate how fast this bamboo grows in the UK in one growth year. We found out that it grew 1.43cm per day. This is fast compared to other garden and pot plants.
It can take 3 – 5 years for bamboo to reach maturity. This is why these plants are sustainable – they grow and regenerate fast.
The cycle of bamboo life is highly sustainable.
Why do people say bamboo accessories are eco-friendly?
Bamboos can break down into soil very quickly. Some reports have indicated that it takes just 3 years for bamboo to decompose. Therefore, they are eco-friendly.
Some accessories are 100% plant-based, including bamboo home accessories. For example, bamboo toothbrushes and soft bristles are eco-friendly products.
But, some toothbrushes and electric toothbrush heads still have nylon bristles. Other products that have a combination of bamboo and other recycled materials include the stainless steel used on shavers and plastic and silicon suctions used in kids’ plates.
The development, manufacture and use the bamboo products is a promising start. Users have to be content because, at the least, these products are 90% eco-friendly. They are safe for the environment.
If you are looking for bamboo-based accessories and bathroom products, check out The Towel Shop, they have a dedicated section for all-things bamboo.
Conclusion – Bamboo bathroom accessories
This article shows that you can get bathroom accessories that are 100% organic, reusable and sustainable. The 5 bathroom accessories we featured are the best way to start your bathroom’s organic collections. They will add a touch of style and natural comfort. And, holistically keep the environment free of plastics.
See all the eco-bamboo products from Jungle Culture.
Affiliate Disclaimer: We do not sell physical products. We only promote bamboo products that we believe are sustainable and eco-friendly. We may earn a small commission if you buy the product using our link which comes at no additional cost to you.